THURSDAY – FEBRUARY 15, 2018
DAY 1 – SCHEDULE A
Spring sport sign-ups are located in the front office. If you plan on participating in a spring sport, your paperwork, physical or recert and $25 fee is due by March 2.
From the Office of Student Services:
FFA will be holding a Ronald McDonald Food Drive. Drop off non-perishable food items in homeroom through Feb. 23. There will be an ice cream party for the homeroom bringing in the most food items.
Students in grades 8-11 interested in joining the STEM team for next year, see Mrs. Folk.
From the Guidance Office:
Are you a child of a military parent? Stop by the guidance office for information on Project Beacon Weekend Retreat.
UPCOMING COLLEGE OPEN HOUSES
- Bloomsburg University Music Major Day – March 6, 2018
- Ithaca College – April 28, 2018
For more information about all college events and open houses, visit the Upcoming College Events and Open Houses webpage.
NEW SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
- The Pennsylvania Association of Educational Office Professionals welcomes all qualifying students to submit a scholarship application for the 2018 Hermine Solt Student Scholarship. This $500 scholarship was established in 1992 for the purpose of aiding students in Pennsylvania to pursue higher education in a business-related field. Go to www.paeop.com to apply. The deadline is March 1, 2018.
- Don James Young Citizen Award is open to students ages 15-18. The $500 award is based on involvement in community, faith and family. More information is available in the Guidance Office. Deadline is March 19, 2018.
- 2018 Margaret R. Brewster Scholarship, sponsored by the Society of Women Engineers Twin Tiers, is a $2,000 award for female high school seniors entering an ABET accredited engineering or computer science program. To apply, go to http://societyofwomenengineers.swe.org/. Deadline is March 23, 2018.
- Joseph R. Every Scholarship is open to local high school seniors with a 2.0 GPA, who have been accepted to college and pursuing a degree in education, medicine or engineering. Consideration is given to financial need. A max award of $10,000 may be given. Deadline to turn in application to Guidance Office is March 23, 2018 and to Citizens Northern Bank, March 28, 2018. Applications available in Guidance Office.
- The Towanda Musical Society Scholarship is open to Bradford County residents who have been accepted into a music or theater program at an accredited college. An audition is required. The award is $500, and the deadline is March 8, 2018. Applications available in the Guidance Office or on the NEB website.
- The Twin Tiers Society of Women Engineers (SWE) announces the 2018 Margaret R. Brewster Scholarship program. Five non-renewable $2,000 scholarships are open to female high school seniors within the Twin Tiers region. The eligible seniors must plan to major in an ABET accredited engineering or computer science program during the 2018-2019 school year. Deadline is March 23, 2018. Applications available in the Guidance Office or on the NEB website.
For more information about scholarships, visit the Financial Aid & Scholarships webpage or go to the Guidance Office.
Download PDF: Daily Bulletin 2-15-18
Previous Bulletins (PDFs):