FRIDAY – MARCH 16, 2018
DAY 2 – SCHEDULE A
The first practice for Jr. High Softball is Monday, March 19 at 6 pm in the elementary gym. Be sure to turn in all required paperwork before the practice. If you have not yet signed up, there is a sign-up sheet in the front office.
From the Office of Student Services:
Mrs. Folk’s 7th and 8th grade cyber robotics will be meeting in room 86 during AA.
NTCC is collecting pet supplies for Endless Supply Co. Donation suggestions are kitty litter, dog/cat food and toys.
Do you want to show off your art? Bring in your favorite artwork to be displayed in the library! Fill out a slip from the library and hand your piece to Leighann Vanderpool. You may bring your artwork in March 13 through March 19. For more information, see posters around the school or ask Leighann Vanderpool.
Prom tickets are on sale during second lunch or through Mr. Holmes at any time. Price is $25 and includes a catered meal.
Enjoy dessert and a show on March 24 at 6 pm. This event, the Dessert Theatre, will be held at the North Rome Wesleyan Church. For more information talk to Hannah Conklin.
Junior candy bar money is due TODAY!
Attention SGA Students: If you ordered a t-shirt, the cost is $12 and can be picked up from Mrs. Bellinger with your payment. Please do so by Friday, March 23.
Remember to show your Panther PRIDE: Be Prepared; be Respectful; show Integrity; be Dedicated; and show Empathy. Be proud to be a Panther!
From the Guidance Office:
Congratulations to Emilee Allis on her acceptance to Texas A&M University.
Attention Seniors: If your parents haven’t filed their FAFSA yet, Lackawanna College is hosting a free seminar on Saturday, March 24. Check out the guidance office bulletin board for more information.
Attention AP students: If you plan on taking an AP exam, the registration deadline is Wednesday, March 21. If you have questions, stop by the Guidance office.
UPCOMING COLLEGE OPEN HOUSES
- Keystone College Science Program Day – March 17
- Pennsylvania College of Technology – March 24
- Tompkins Cortland Community College – April 6
- Lock Haven University – April 7
- East Stroudsburg University – April 14, 21, 28
- Seton Hall University – April 22
- Ithaca College – April 28
For more information about all college events and open houses, visit the Upcoming College Events and Open Houses webpage.
NEW SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
- The Sattiraju Employment Law Scholarship is available to any student who will be attending an accredited college or university by Fall 2018 and has plans of attending law school in the future. Applications for the $1,000 scholarship are due by May 31, 2018. For an application, visit http://www.sattirajulawfirm.com/#scholarship-application
- Friends Helping Friends Scholarship is open to NEB seniors attending a post-secondary institution in any major or area of study. The $1,000 scholarship will be awarded at the Senior Awards program. To apply, write an essays of 500 words or less illustrating how you have helped a friend or influenced someone for good. Include the post secondary institution you have been accepted to attend with your story. Submit your essay to the guidance office by March 31, 2018.
For more information about scholarships, visit the Financial Aid & Scholarships webpage or go to the Guidance Office.
Download PDF: Daily Bulletin 3-16-18
Previous Bulletins (PDFs):