Dated: September 18, 2019
Each Title I school shall jointly develop with parents of Title I children a school-parent compact that outlines how parents, the entire school staff, and students will share the responsibility for improved student academic achievement and the school and parents will build and develop a partnership to help children achieve the State’s high standards.
As a school, we will:
- Provide high-quality curriculum and instruction in an environment that is safe and that enables the student to meet the State’s student academic achievement standards
- Provide ongoing two-way communication between teachers and parents through parent-teacher conferences and/or progress reports to parents
- Provide opportunities for parents to volunteer and participate in their child’s class and observe classroom activities
- Provide a mutually respectful relationship between all parties (students, parents, teachers, and volunteers)
As a parent/guardian, I will:
- Support my child’s learning by ensuring that he/she has proper rest and nutrition and attends school on time and on a regular basis
- Support my child’s learning by reading with him/her
- Participate in decisions relating to the education of my child through a mutually respectful relationship with school staff
- Participate, as appropriate, in decisions relating to my children’s education
- Stay informed about my child’s education and communicating with the school by promptly reading all notices from the school or the school district either received by my child or by mail and responding, as appropriate
- Provide a time for homework completion and help set a positive tone for learning with my child
- Promote positive use of my child’s extracurricular time
- Support my child’s class/school (i.e. helping in class/school, volunteering in my child’s classroom/school, communicating with my child’s teachers, attending school events when possible, etc.)
As a student, I will:
- Proudly follow the behavioral expectations taught at our school
- Ask questions when I am not sure about a lesson or an assignment
- Do my homework every day and ask for help when I need to
- Make good choices like paying attention in class, staying on task, doing my best, and working hard at my schoolwork
Please review the School-Parent Compact with your child. This School-Parent Compact may be discussed with you during a parent-teacher conference as it relates to your child’s school progress.
Thank you for your support and involvement in your child’s education. For additional information, please contact your child’s teacher or principal.
View or download PDF: School-Parent Compact 2019-2020