1. Where can I make payments?
Payments can be made in person at any area First Citizens Bank branch or mailed to:
P.O. Box 40
Mansfield, PA 16933-0040
Make checks payable to Northeast Bradford School District and include the coupon(s) with the payment.
2. Can I pay with one check?
Yes. You can write one check for all the school district taxes being paid. Remember to send in all corresponding coupons.
3. Will bank personnel answer my tax questions?
No. The district is using the bank lockbox for collection purposes only. Direct all questions to the Business Office at (570) 744-2521, ext. 2212.
4. How do I request a receipt?
Receipts are issued by request, and not released until tax payments clear the bank. Request a tax receipt by:
- Mailing a self-addressed, stamped envelope with your payment.
- Emailing your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Include the tax bill number or parcel number for all taxes in which a receipt is being requested.**
5. I no longer own the property, but I still received a bill.
If you receive a bill for property you no longer own, return it to the Business Office. If known, provide the name of the new property owner.
6. What are the dates to pay my real estate taxes by the installment method?
The installment due dates are: Aug. 31, Sept. 30 and Oct. 31. To use the installment method, the first payment must be received by the due date. When using this method, the discount does not apply. A 10% penalty is assessed if payments two and three are submitted after the deadline.
7. My taxes are in escrow, what do I do with my bill?
Make a copy of your bill for your records and forward the entire original bill to your mortgage company for payment. The mortgage company will not receive a bill from the school district.
8. What is an Occupational Tax?
Occupation taxes are assessed on all employed residents in the school district who hold an occupation. The Occupation assessment tax is a flat tax rate based on your occupation title.
9. What is a Per Capita Tax?
A per capita tax is a flat rate tax equally levied on all adult residents within the school district. It is not dependent on employment.
10. Can I be exempt from my Occupational or Per Capita taxes?
Review the Tax Exemption Application, found on the Tax Forms & Policies webpage, to see if you qualify for exemption. If you qualify, download the form.
Send the completed form to:
Northeast Bradford School District
526 Panther Lane
Rome, PA 18837
11. I never received a tax bill. Do I still have to pay my taxes?
You are still liable to pay local taxes, even if you don’t receive a tax bill. Contact the Business Office to request a copy be sent to you.