Homelessness is when you do not have a permanent home and are:
- staying with friends or family because you lost housing;
- living in a shelter, including transitional programs;
- staying in motels because you cannot get your own home; or
- living on the streets, in a vehicle, tent or other nonpermanent structure.
The McKinney-Vento Act ensures educational rights and protections for children experiencing homelessness. These rights and protections include:
- school stability,
- school access, and
- support for academic success.
If you lack a permanent home, you can receive help to keep them enrolled at Northeast Bradford School District. For more information, contact Norma Paisley-Moore, (570) 744-2521, ext. 2265 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resources for Homeless Families
- Bradford County Assistance Programs
- National Coalition for the Homeless
- National Law Center on Homelessness & Poverty
- Policy 251: Homeless Students