What is the Parent Teacher Group (PTG)?
The purpose of the PTG is to promote the growth and well being of all the students by improving our skills as parents and educators; improving communication among students, staff and parents; and offering encouragement and support to the school system by developing a network of helping relationships.
Anyone is welcome to participate in the PTG. You do not have to attend meetings to be involved, but it is recommended. While the PTG does not require you to fill out any forms to participate, you must obtain clearances to volunteer at the school. To learn more, visit the Volunteers and Chaperones webpage.
The PTG supports our schools by:
- helping with Scholastic book fairs
- providing incentive prizes
- collecting Box Tops and holding a year-end ice cream party for the grade with the most Box Tops
- donating to Panther Pantry, Hands Across Northeast and Safe Trick or Treat
- providing snacks for PSSA testing week
- giving out birthday cards and hosting a luncheon for teachers and staff
- holding a picnic for 6th grade students
- providing additional money for field trips
- holding fundraisers to support these activities
PTG Meetings & Officers
Meetings are generally the first Thursday of the month at 6 pm. This year’s meeting dates are scheduled for:
- Nov. 1, 2017 at 6 pm in the Elementary Library
- Jan. 4, 2018
- Feb. 1, 2018
- April 5, 2018
- May 3, 2018
- Aug. 2, 2018 (tentative)
Like and follow PTG on Facebook for meeting reminders and changes.
- Amanda Eastman, President
- Bonnie Gray, Vice President
- Brandy Hughson, Treasurer
- Keturah Kolesar, Secretary
BoxTops for Education
Box Top collection is everyday of the school year. The PTG counts Box Tops three times a year, noting how many each grade contributed. At the end of the year, the grade that contributed the most non-expired Box Tops wins an ice cream party. Counting dates are scheduled for Oct. 16, 2017, Feb. 15, 2018 and May 7, 2018.
Send Box Tops with your child to give to his or her teacher. To learn more about clipping Box Tops and the way it helps our schools, visit the Box Tops for Education website.
Spirit Wear Days
The PTG is teaming up with Panther Pantry to collect non-perishable food items on Spirit Wear Days (the third Friday of the month).
Panther Spirit Wear
The PTG offers NEB Panther logo apparel, now available to order anytime. To view available products and the order form, download the PTG Spirit Wear Order Form (PDF fillable form).
Contact the PTG