We want to help parents and families by giving them tools to prepare their children for educational success and personal growth. Please revisit this page as we continue to add helpful links and resources.
- Meals for children during summer | There are local resources available to for families in need of meals during the summer.
Educational & Homework Help
Health & Wellness
- NEB’s Wellness Policy | NEB recognizes that student wellness and proper nutrition are related to students’ physical well-being, growth, development and readiness to learn.
- Adolescent and School Health | https://www.cdc.gov/healthyyouth/index.htm
- Anxiety in Children | Exposure to violence in the media and in video games can cause anxiety in children. http://cmch.tv/parents/fear-and-anxiety/
- Children’s Health | https://kidshealth.org
- Hand Washing | Hand Washing Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Head Lice | PA.gov Head Lice Facts
- Local Mental Health & Substance Abuse Resources |See Mental Health & Substance Abuse Resources webpage.
- Suicide Warning Signs in Young People | https://www.youthsuicidewarningsigns.org/parentscaregivers
- When to Keep a Sick Child Home | Guidelines for Keeping a Sick Child at Home (PDF)
- The FBI has designed kid-friendly and fun online safety lessons for students in grades 3-8. https://sos.fbi.gov/
- Enough is Enough is a non-partisan, non-profit organization dedicated to making the Internet safer for children and families. The Internet Safety 101 program for parents covers a range of topics including: social media, mobile and wireless devices, cyberbullying, and more. http://internetsafety101.org
- KidsHealth outlines the basics of internet safety and ways to keep your child safe. https://kidshealth.org/en/parents/net-safety.html
- Articles and practical tips for parents about Internet safety. https://www.commonsensemedia.org/blog/digital-citizenship
Video Game Violence
The American Pediatric Association and American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry recommend limiting video game violence for our children. Learn more:
- National Association of School Psychologists | School Violence Prevention: Tips for Parents and Educators
- American Psychological Association | Talking to your children about the recent spate of school shootings
- Learn about Pennsylvania’s standardized testing and how to help your child prepare. www.nebpanthers.com/standardized-testing