Beginning this month, Northeast Bradford Elementary School will implement the School Wide Positive Behavior Support plan to encourage the development of life-long learners in a safe and positive environment. This plan will be promoted everyday with PRIDE (preparation, respect, integrity, dedication, and empathy). Teachers will implement lessons built into the school day to teach appropriate behavior; and students who follow the rules will receive positive reinforcement.
To jumpstart the plan in 2018, the Elementary School will focus on one element of PRIDE during these weeks:
- Jan. 8-12: Be Prepared.
- Jan. 15-19: Be Respectful.
- Jan. 22-26: Show Integrity.
- Jan. 29-Feb. 2: Be Dedicated.
- Feb. 5-9: Show Empathy.
Parents can help by:
- Asking your child about his/her day;
- Maintaining communication with your child’s teacher throughout the year;
- Discussing PRIDE; and
- Rewarding your child for positive behavior.
To learn more about the plan, download the PRIDE brochure.